Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disney Wordless Wednesday

This week's theme:  The Muppets - In the Parks and At Home!

*o*     *o*     *o*

The Rainbow Connection ... Where It All Began

For me, love of the Muppets goes back to the 70s, when I used to listen to my favorite LP record over and over again in my bedroom.  Did you have a copy?





Here's Kermit singing the song so near and dear to all of our hearts:  the lovers, the dreamers, and me.




I know it's "Wordless Wednesday" - but these lyrics make my heart smile.

The Rainbow Connection

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard
and answered when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that and someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing
and what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic.

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that called the young sailors.
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me. 

*o*     *o*     *o* 

One last comment before I go.  The new Disney movie "The Muppets" is currently in theatres, and is a joy to behold.  But if I may suggest ... get your kids a copy of "The Muppet Movie", "The Great Muppet Caper", and "The Muppets Take Manhattan" on DVD, if you get a chance.  These original classics are where the magic began, and children will greatly enjoy being more thoroughly introduced to the loveable, quirky, fuzzy personalities that are "The Muppets"!

*o*     *o*     *o* 

Thanks to  Debs Dis @ Focused on the Magic  for hosting the weekly Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop!  Click below to see more great posts from our "Muppets" themed week:


 







Focused on the Magic

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! We have been watching all of the old Muppet movies. We took my 3 year old to the new one and he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yep, I think 3 is a great age to start up your Muppet Love. :-) I took my 6 year old to "The Muppets" last weekend and she loved it, too. And when they sang "The Rainbow Connection" towards the end, she got all excited. "Mom! This is from the Muppet Movie!" ... I was proud :) We have all of the (old) Muppet DVDs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than Willy Wonka this is my most favorite movie from my youth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post!! The Muppet Movies are timeless and ageless. I first saw them as an adult and loved them as much as my kids did when they saw them. I♥The Muppets
    Thanks so much for linking up you Almost Wordless Wednesday with us,
    Deb @ Focused on the Magic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post. I love that song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo love this song. I used to sing it to my teenager when he was a baby. I teared up a little in the new movie when they sang it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow does that bring back the memories. Can't wait to see the new movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm googling all the movies you mentioned just now ... might treat myself to them! I love the muppets! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I do have a copy of the soundtrack of the original 1979 Muppet Movie, and as of yesterday, I also have the DVD. Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your post- for me, it rekindles memories of The Muppet Show!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a super fun walk down memory lane! Thanks so much for all of your fun comments ... it made me smile to see so many kindred Muppet spirits out there. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...